Barong Tagalog General Care Instructions
Washing (Hand Wash Only)
1. Submerge the barong in a mild detergent solution. Gently agitate the solution with your hand to further distribute soap molecules. Take it up and down several times to let the solution flow through the fabric.
2. Use a soft brush (if necessary) to gently remove stains and visible dirt particularly on the collar, underneath the cuffs, and armholes.
3. Rinse it well using clean water. Do not squeeze or twist when rinsing.
4. Hang it in a plastic round edge hanger and drip dry with all the buttons in place to maintain its normal shape.
Ironing / Pressing
1. Damp the fabric using a wet towel or a spray.
2. Press over the damp area using low heat setting. Repeat all over until all the wrinkles disappear
(If the low heat setting doesn't work well, gradually increase it to medium until it becomes effective.).
1. To prolong the life of your barong, make sure it is clean and dry before storing.
2. Hang in a suit hanger or a round edge hanger.
3. Cover with canvas garment bag and store in a cool and dry place.