We take pride in our exceptional custom barong tailoring, and we've simplified the measurement process for your convenience, eliminating the need for a tailor. You can have a family member or friend take your measurements by following our instructions. However, people may interpret measurement instructions differently, which is why we ask for measurement photos.
Measurement Photos: What We Need and How to Take Them
Using photos as a reference in determining the final measurements has challenges that's why we require three (3) sets of photos. Below are the sets of photos we need from you to guarantee a perfect fit:
1. Photos of Your Body Measurements. Measure following our body measurement instructions. Each photo must show the tape measure with a clear and readable end-to-end measurement figures.
2. Photos of You Wearing a Dress Shirt (Full Body). Wear your favorite dress shirt (or any long sleeve shirt /polo shirt) untucked with a buttoned collar and have your front, rear, and side photos taken.
3. Photos of Your Dress Shirt’s Measurements. Lay your shirt flat and measure following our dress shirt measurement instructions. Each photo must show the tape measure with a clear and readable end-to-end measurement figures.
It's important to note that our products have distinct attributes and are crafted with care, which can be time-consuming. In particular, hand-embroidered pieces require a considerable amount of time to make. To ensure a proper fit, it's essential to provide us with complete measurement photos that adhere to our instructions and illustrations.
Please use WeTransfer to send your photos, files, or folders of up to 2GB directly from your pc or mobile device to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Carefully Review the Measurements
Our process of getting the final measurements for a tailor-made barong goes beyond simply adding room for ease to the body measurements. We conduct a series of assessments to derive the final measurements. In addition to body measurement photos, we also ask for photos in a dress shirt to analyze how it drapes on the body. The three (3) sets of photos we request allow us to get the correct measurements and create the best possible tailor-made barong for you.
A fitting sample is a garment tailored to your measurements that you can try on at home. It helps us identify any fit issues and correct any potential errors in the pattern before we cut the fabric for the final piece. This approach can significantly reduce, and possibly even eliminate, the need for repairs or remakes, which means you can have peace of mind about the fit not going as planned.
For the categories listed below, a fitting sample will be included in your order for FREE. However, please note that international shipping can vary considerably, depending on the destination and parcel weight. Therefore, the cost for international shipping will be charged to your account. The international shipping cost ranges from USD 18-120, CAD 24-150, AUD 26-158, GBP 15-88, or EUR 17-105, depending on the destination and parcel weight.
Categories with a Complimentary Fitting Sample
1. Classic barongs made of piña, piña-silk, or abaca-cotton
2. Classic barongs with intricate thread work
3. Classic barongs that are hand-embroidered
4. Classic barongs with non-standard cuts
5. Coat barongs
6. Orders that meet specific conditions
When you order an item that's not on the list mentioned above, you have the option to request a fitting sample for an additional cost of PHP 890.00 (approximately USD 16; CAD 21; AUD 23; GBP 13; EUR 16) per fitting sample. If your shipping address is overseas, the cost of the express shipping will also be charged to your account.
You're not required to return the fitting sample after use. Instead, we'll ask you to provide feedback and pictures/videos with the fitting sample.
Orders Without Measurement Photos
If it's not possible for you to provide us with measurement photos, we can still accept an order for a CLASSIC barong. However, please note that our perfect fit guarantee doesn't cover this type of order.
A COAT barong is more complex and time-consuming to make than a classic barong. To ensure that the finished product fits well and avoid the need for repair or remake, we provide a fitting sample for customers to try on. To derive the measurements for the fitting sample, we use the three (3) sets of photos listed above. If we don't have these photos, there’s a high likelihood that the fitting sample won't fit properly, and this would make the calculations for adjustments challenging. For this reason, we require measurement photos before accepting an order for a coat barong.
Without measurement photos, we discourage you to place an order for the following items because repairs and remakes are not always possible depending on the circumstances specific to an order:
1. Classic barongs made of piña - delicate and rare; the fabric has supply issues
2. Classic barongs with intricate thread work - delicate and the work is time-consuming
3. Classic barongs that are hand-embroidered - delicate and the work is time-consuming
4. Classic barongs with a non-standard cut - have adjustments in the standard pattern; require fitting to ensure adequate fit and proper drape.