The Groom's Barong
When you have to wear the same outfit as any man on your big day, it is important that you find a way to stand out. Below are five ways to gain prominence in a Barong Tagalog:
1. THE FABRIC. The fabric is the most important element in constructing a Barong Tagalog. It greatly affects the look of the barong in a way influencing the appearance of the person wearing it. Therefore, choose the elegant piña fabric whether pure piña or piña-silk. In a wedding where each member of the entourage must wear a piña barong, we recommend piña-silk for each member and pure piña for the groom. To know more about fabrics, please click here.
2. THE DESIGN. This is specifically for the design extent or the space covered by the design regardless of the type of design elements and fabric used. You can stand out by wearing a raya barong in which substantial embellishments are extended from the front panel of the barong to the sleeves and the back panel. For a more sophisticated look, go for an all over barong with extreme embellishments. A pechera barong with substantial embellishments only in the front panel of the barong is the common type of design worn by the majority.To know more about designs, please click here.
3. THE EMBROIDERY. Choose hand embroidery. This is the kind of thread work that can interpret the most intricate designs that can be made for a barong. Together with a piña fabric, hand embroidery can make your barong look classy and elegant. To know more about embroidery, please click here.
4. THE FIT. A barong with a perfect fit feels better and looks better. This will give you added confidence that will allow you to project the most positive version of yourself. To know more about the perfect fit, please click here.
5. THE UNDERGARMENT. The undergarment is usually overlooked but this is one important aspect that can make or break your overall appearance in a piña barong. Because of the fabrics' transparency, wearing an off the rack camisa de chino does not make you look seamless as your body is cut in half with your undergarment tucked in your slacks and with your barong untucked. To address this problem, choose a custom-tailored long-sleeved camisa de chino designed to be worn untucked. To check our available undergarment, please click here.
The above pointers will surely help you gain prominence in a Barong Tagalog. However, don't forget that the most important thing that can make your overall appearance is still your self-confidence.